This section provides you the detailed description of how we collect the data and use it. How we handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you visit our site to read or download information, we will automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
• The name of the Internet domain;
• The IP from which you access our site;
• The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
• The date and time you access our site;
• The country and state from which you access our site; and
• The pages you visit and the information you request
Personal Information Collection
This information does not identify you personally. We do not store any personal identifiers until you wish to contact us. In case you feel the need to contact us, please fill the form provided. That shall collect the following information:
• Email Id
• Any other information that you wish to share
The information collected is part of a systems log file, and is only used internally for site management purposes.
This information is primarily collected to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
How we use your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To communicate with you and provide you better services.
• For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information to us, including, to respond to your inquiries, to provide any information that you request.
• To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to administer, monitor, and improve our Sites and Services, for our internal purposes, and for other research and analytical purposes.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your information as follows:
• Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We take steps to ensure that third party contracts contain appropriate data protection and security language.
• Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merge with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company (which may include as part of bankruptcy proceedings), we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process: We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with applicable law, judicial proceedings, a court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others: We may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We use virus protection measures on our computer systems and regularly update the software. These are computer security measure that, in addition to maintaining our computer systems, also ensures that all files that we develop and/or post on our web servers are virus-free. When you request a file for download from our site, it is possible, though unlikely, that the data may contract a virus and become corrupted before it reaches your computer. The Department of the Interior is not responsible for files that may become corrupted as the data travels the Internet.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, do not hesitate to contact us.